Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code
From: Ludovic Dubost <[email-masked]>
To: BlackSheep <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 01:44:38 +0200

Hi,

This is really great.. The type of applications we have been thinking of 
are for example things that would allow XWiki to have things like 
BaseCamp or Backpack has:

- project manager
- better calendar
- to do lists
- contact manager
- voting

The technologies involved are Velocity (Apache) or Groovy scripting 
(Codehaus), working with the XWiki API (it's own API) and XWiki Objects 
and classes, a fair amount of Javascript and DHTML for really cool 
interfaces.. Java should only be necessary for backend stuff in some 
complex cases (we can help on these).

XWiki require Java, Tomcat and MySQL for developement installation. We 
have an easy install package on Object Web.

I believe ifyou wish this project to be accepted by Google you need to 
present a pretty ambitious plan in terms of applications, otherwise it's 
going to be a little too 'classic'..

Ludovic

BlackSheep a écrit :

>Hello,
>
>As I was thinking about applying to "Google Summer of Code" program, I
>got interested in some of the XWiki proposals, particularly in the
>development of XWiki applications.
>
>I would really appreciate if you could give more information as, for
>instance... What do I'll have to do specifically, what kind of
>language I have to use, etc.
>I heard XWiki is "founded" on JAVA. But that is all I have heard. And
>I got kind of confused while wondering about your site.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Carla Sofia.
>
>  
>

-- 
Ludovic Dubost
XPertNet: http://www.xpertnet.fr/
Blog: http://www.ludovic.org/blog/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic